Re: [gnugo-devel] Couple of questions for the Gnu Go team

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Couple of questions for the Gnu Go team
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:52:31 +0200

Hans wrote:
> What kind of hardware would be needed to boost the development and
> strength of Gnu Go? (Don't go too wild with this answer but assume
> that you could get more goodies than the Hydra project.)
>
> Besides hardware, what other resources would be needed to take Gnu Go
> to shodan and/or to win the Ing Foundation bounty?

In my opinion it's not hardware that's critical for GNU Go at the
moment but time constraints for the experienced developers. If someone
really wanted to throw serious money at GNU Go, the most effective use
today would probably be to try to fund key developers to work full or
part time on the program. (This may or may not be able to arrange in
practice.)

That said, with more time available cool hardware would surely be
useful.