Re: [gnugo-devel] HTML regression views updates

From: Dave Denholm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] HTML regression views updates
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:20:12 +0000

Gunnar Farnebäck <address@hidden> writes:

> The updating works fine but regress.pl consistently crashes somewhere
> in semeai.tst.

> I have no idea why it's crashing though, and since it's a perl script
> I don't expect to be able to find out. If someone has any good idea
> what's wrong or suggestion how to approach debugging I'm all ears.

I can have a look if you want. I've just downloaded the latest
sources, and was able to run regress.pl on just semeai.tst
I'm now running it through on --all_batches

What is the nature of the crash ?  Is it the gnugo executable, or a
script error, or does the perl interpreter itself crash and burn ?

If it matters, I'm trying to reproduce with

$ uname -a
Linux twoflower 2.6.8-2-686-smp #1 SMP Thu May 19 17:27:55 JST 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

$ perl --version

This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

$ ./interface/gnugo --version
GNU Go 3.7.8

FWIW the rest of the gnugo version output is a bit wierdly formatted,
with a very long line :

See http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/ or contact
                        address@hidden for information about GNU Go. GNU Go
comes with NO WARRANTY to
the extent permitted by law. This program is free software; you can

Was it intentional to have the tabs after \n in the third line
of the COPYRIGHT in main.c ?  (If it was, \t would be better than a
literal tab I think)

#define COPYRIGHT \
"Copyright 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006\n\
by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.\n\
See http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/ or contact\n                     \
address@hidden for information about GNU Go. GNU Go comes with NO WARRANTY to\n\

dd
--