Re: [gnugo-devel] Libboard as a dynamically shared library?

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Libboard as a dynamically shared library?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:41:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi Christopher,

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Christopher Millward wrote:

> Hello all,
> I was wanting to use libboard from a Common Lisp program, and I was
> wondering if it was possible to compile libboard as a shared library and if
> anyone had some pointers on how to accomplish that.
>
> I've searched the list archives and didn't see any mention of it. Thanks for
> your help,

I know very little about shared libraries. Would running

gcc -shared board.o boardlib.o hash.o printutils.o -g -O2 ../sgf/*.o -o
libboard.so

in the engine/ directory do that?

I think libboard as a shared library would be useful, and if someone knows
better than me how to do that, we could add it as a Makefile target.

Arend