[gnugo-devel] how to make gtp server engine answer

From: Stefan Schulz
Subject: [gnugo-devel] how to make gtp server engine answer
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:40:53 +0200

Hi everybody, hello gunnar,

I have some trouble getting gtp server into a game with a remote client. The
connection works properly, I can call to the gtp server with netgtp, showboard
displays the board. But the engine started with gtp server never answers a
move. When I send "black D4"

gtp server (in verbose mode) only prompts

black D4
=

but the engine doesn't answer the move. I tried it with gnugo 3.6, and various
3.7 versions. I also added --color white without success.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot and
best regards

Stefan