[gnugo-devel] pattern questions

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: [gnugo-devel] pattern questions
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:22:38 +0100

Hi

In regression test nngs:308 , gg3.7.10 wants M9 which is 1 point gote.
There are other much better moves (nearly 6 pts gote, 2 gote, 1 sente)

First pass move génération gives:
pattern 'DD6'+1 matched at M9
pattern 'DD6'+6 matched at M9
pattern 'DD6'+3 matched at M9
pattern 'DD6'+4 matched at M9
pattern 'Sente13'+2 matched at M9

and value 0 for M9
then a second pass due to endgame is done and wrongly choose M9.

I read the doc, but so far dont understand everything :(

Q1/ what means +1 +6 after the DD6 ?
Q2/ M9 is gote, so i'm surprised to see "Sente13" pattern

Pattern Sente13
# gf Revised constraint. (3.1.20)

*O

:-,sO

*a

;lib(a) == 2 && !attack(a) && safe_xmove(*) && safe_omove(*)
# Action adds a reverse followup value.
>defend_against_atari(a)

I agree M9 seems sente, but the problem is after opponent answer
we must capture to defend our string in atari, so it is gote.
I tried to put lib(a)>=3 ... this crashed gnugo :)

Q3/ its not a question: the choice of the move is made during the second
pass of endgame stuff, so it is probably another problem to fix.

Alain