Re: [gnugo-devel] pattern questions

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] pattern questions
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:45:10 +0100

Le mardi 28 novembre 2006 21:49, Gunnar Farneb�ck a écrit :
> nando wrote:
> > > saves a few nodes without any other effects. (Changing symmetry to "+"
> > > is probably not safe since test_attack_either_move() doesn't look
> > > symmetrical.)
> >
> > Ah ? How come ? I just reviewed the code of the helper and didn't find
> > any obvious asymmetry. If there is one, I would suggest a comment
> > warning...
>
> The fourth argument to trymove() is asymmetrical. ;-)

hmm , i'm not sure of the meaning of you wink ;-)

int
trymove(int pos, int color, const char *message, int str)
{
  UNUSED(str);
  /* Do the real work elsewhere. */
  if (!do_trymove(pos, color, 0))

the 4th argument is unused, so currently we dont care about it ?
so it is symetrical ? or i misunderstand something ?

> Never mind, I glanced through it too quickly. "+" symmetry should work
> fine.

I put + symetry for DD6 instead of 8, and as expected, the pattern is match
only once now (instead of 4 times), and save 1,5% nodes for this test.

I have not run all regression for this (it takes 2.5 hours on my laptop.)

Alain