[gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go for the iPhone

From: GNUGo for S60
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go for the iPhone
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:57:00 +0900

Hi Justin,

Not sure if it's the same cause or not, (and looking at that line, possibly not :) but when I started porting gnugo to Nokia's S60 phone platform I had many problems with stack overflow. Gnugo seems to allocate many large structures on the stack

To get around this I moved all the big stack allocations to be on the heap. You can get the modified code from http://gnugos60.sourceforge.net/ . A diff against gnugo 3.6 source should show which bits I changed for the small stack. Note that this change significantly slows down the game though.

For reference, the Intel / ARM workaround for the gnugo sub-tools was similar to what I did, but it didn't cause me any problems.

Best regards,
Ian