[gnugo-devel] Doc revision

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Doc revision
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:49:12 -0800

I started revising the documentation for GNU Go 3.8. A
patch can be found here:

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/gnugo/patches/gnugo-3.8/doc_8.1

A PDF version can be found here:

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/gnugo/gnugo.pdf

Feedback would be welcome. In particular, I need Gunnar to look
the Monte Carlo doc.

- Version number is 3.8 throughout
- Copyright 2008 is added
- moyo.texi (on score.c which is no longer distributed) is taken down
- GFDL is now v1.3
- Section TODO is retitled Development and list of explicit chores is taken down
- More caution in stating that computer Go programs are weak
- Leszczynski added to Authors
- gnugo.pdf is recommended as printed doc (vs gnugo.ps)
- install-info is recommended after installing texinfo doc
- ggo and glgo are no longer mentioned since source vanished from sourceforge
- quarry moved to top of "other clients"
- revision of command line options
- Monte Carlo Go is documented based on Gunnar's posts
- ttn's latest gnugo.el is recommended, and most gnugo.el doc removed

Dan