Re: CVS --> Git

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: CVS --> Git
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:47:51 +0200

The source repository has been moved from CVS to Git. The CVS is write-locked.
You can not write to it anymore.

 1. Please, forget your old CVS checkout, and get the new Git one:

   1.1. for anonymous checkout:
        git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gnuherds-app.git

   1.2. for Savannah user checkout:
   1.2.1. Configure your ~/.ssh/*
   1.2.2. git clone ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/gnuherds-app.git

 2. Move your non-committed changes to your Git clone.

 3. Install a development environment
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=155
      Ref. from: http://gnuherds.org/development#dev_env

Now, we do not have to pollute the main repository with our mistakes. We can
share among our Git repositories!

To share source code among the developers, publish your repository and let
others know where to fetch from, or use "git format-patch" or "git
send-email".

If you see any mistake at the Wikis or "/development" you can report it.

Git tutorial: http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/tutorial.html