Re: Skills classification -- proposal

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Skills classification -- proposal
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:04:11 -0500

    You exposed the need to avoid showing to the public non-free skills. So we
are
    looking for a category to classify the skill-fields users fill.  We can
take
    this opportunity to allow to tag skills more precisely, exposing for
example
    if it is Software or Documentation:

    (Option 1)

        Initial flag
          * Pending to classify

        General flags
          * Unknown
          * Abstract

        The actual classification
          * Software
            * Free Software
            * Almost-Free Software
            * Partially-Free Software
            * Non-Free Software

I don't understand what problem this is meant to be
the solution to.  However, shouldn't you omit these three?

            * Almost-Free Software
            * Partially-Free Software
            * Non-Free Software

    (Option 3) The more complete classification could be:

        Initial flag
          * Pending to classify

        General flags
          * Unknown
          * Abstract

        The actual classification
          * Software
              Free Software
              Almost-Free Software
              Partially-Free Software
              Non-Free Software

          * Hardware

          * Data
              Free
              Non-Free

          * Documentation
              Free
              Non-Free

          * Art
              Non-Sharable
              Sharable

Likewise, I don't know what this is supposed to be good for,
but the same points apply: we should not include these three
categories:

              Almost-Free Software
              Partially-Free Software
              Non-Free Software

What does "free documentation skill" mean?
What does "non-free documentation skill" mean?
If the person is skilled in writing documentation,
he can write free documentation or non-free documentation.
The choice of license does not alter the work needed to
write the manual.  So what is the point here?