Re: free tg3 ethernet driver

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: free tg3 ethernet driver
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 21:13:22 -0400

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> I propose we cancel and close the donation-pledge-group 58, [1], because of
> Alan Cox tell us it would be an almost impossible task to work out.

Well, I am not certain about what is wrong with the Free driver that
Broadcom already offers to the Linux kernel. It is actually built in
the Linux kernel. I am sorry I knew there was driver available because
I had to compile it a few weeks ago for another computer, but I wasn't
sure that it was Free software. It turns out it is. Or maybe it isn't.
Drivers confuse me.

You can compile the kernel by including the module under Device
Drivers --> Network --> 1000 MB or something like that and It is
called the Tigon3 driver.

You can download the source here:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/driver-sla.php?driver=570x-Linux