webapp functionality: Operation catalog -- Pending to confirm operations

From: Davi Leal
Subject: webapp functionality: Operation catalog -- Pending to confirm operations
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:39:59 +0100

> 1. Will it require data base schema modifications? Yes, to mark such events.
>
> 2. Add a cron job to cancel not-confirmed operations.

> We are calling the 'getEntityId' method with an extra
> parameter, 'requestOperation', which is not being used.

The idea behind all this is the webapp allowing realize some operations even
without the user being registered and logged, to make it easier for example
do a donation or create a look-for-volunteers notice.

The webapp is sending always the same email when the email address is not
registered yet. The email is registered at E1_Entities.  The webapp sends:

   Your email has been used to create or update a notice at GNU Herds.

   Follow the below link to confirm. That link will expire in 48 hours.

     http://../entity?action=verify&address@hidden&magic=bc72ae13f414

   If you have not asked for it, ignore this email.

   To avoid 'Spam' you can only get this email at the most once each 48
   hours. If this email is Spam for you, please let it knows to
   association AT gnuherds.org

Note: If the created EntityId is deleted, due to lack of confirmation, then
any operation, being subscription, donation, etc. will be deleted.

Operation catalog (could be incomplete)
=================

For the case in which the email is already registered but the user did not log
in to carry out the operation, the 'magic' number used to confirm the
operation have to be recordered at the data base register which is being set
on hold, along with its date which will be used by the cron job which will
delete old non-confirmed registers:

 Register entity: Person, Company or non-profit Organization.
 ---------------

    E1_WantEmail  -->  E1_Email

    E1_RegisterMagic
    E1_RegisterMagicExpire

 Create new notice
 -----------------

    * job-offer creation
        Note: Right now, requires the user to be logged in, so
              there is no problem in the case we are working out now.

    * donation-pledge-group creation

    * look-for-volunteers notice creation

  We need to add the below fields at J1_JobOffers:

    J1_CreateMagic
    J1_CreateMagicExpire

 Subscribe to notice
      notices.  We just shows the email and interested people can
      get in contact with such email address.

  We need to add the below fields at R0_Qualifications2JobOffersJoins:

    R0_SubscriptionMagic
    R0_SubscriptionMagicExpire

 Donate to notice
 ----------------

    * donation to job-offer (Is it convenient add this feature later?)

    * donation to donation-pledge-group

    * donation to look-for-volunteers notice (Not yet. It is delayed.)

  We need to add the below fields at R1_Donations2JobOffersJoins:

    R1_DonationMagic
    R1_DonationMagicExpire

Note: The user have to be logged in to be able to cancel a donation, or to
delete a notice. So there is no problem.

As usual, flames, disagreement, correction, comments, etc. are not only
welcome but needed!