Re: [Gnumed-devel] Changes to GuiMain - Suggestions (ctd)

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Changes to GuiMain - Suggestions (ctd)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 23:47:44 +1000

On Tue, 7 May 2002 21:18, dguest wrote:
> My patients almost always have two problems and often up to four or
> five. I have played around with the best way of recording the data in
> these multi-problem consultations and do not have a perfect answer. I
> think encapsulating each problem in its own section of the page is the
> best approach. I prefer [S1O1A1P1; S2O2AOP2] to [S1S2O1O2A1A2P1P2]) but
> use a line of tildes as a demarcator on the first run through the
> history.

I prefer a free narrative widget with autotext expansion and hotkeys
"tagging" words / phrases in the narrative for database referencing. Like:
"hx cough*14d(tab)"
-> expands to "history of cough for 14 days"
->tab key triggers parsing -> "cough" tagged as "presenting complaint", "14
days" tagged as duration of presenting complaint.
Takes a little while to get used to such a system, but it allows you to
continue your narrative style as used to while at the same time collecting
data in a suitable format for later analysis

Horst