Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introduction / growth standards

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introduction / growth standards
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:25:01 +1000

Christof
I see that you have lots of information on childhood BMI.
We had only thought hard about adult BMI, and there are different standards
for different populations (eg Polynesians have larger BMI and Asians lower
BMI with good health). Getting real data and standards hasn't occurred yet.
I know that the growth tables we use in Australia represent bottle fed babies,
and that breast fed babies are lighter. Is any information like this coming
out of the Leipzig data?
Liz