Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxGlade

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wxGlade
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:38:29 +0200

> > Very bug laden and dies even with accidently hitting a letter key in some
> > of
> > the input boxes, However....
> Yes. I got this in the notebook tab layout widget on entering a new tab
> name, as per the tutorial. I am running python 2.2 wxPython 2.3.2 which
> may not be quite up to scratch. (Alberto seems to suggest 2.3.2.1 as a
> minimum.)
Unfortunately, it doesn't run on Python 2.1 which I still use.

David, would you like to try to design a simple application
window for the talkback ?

It would have to

a) instantiate a wxApp
b) immediately open a modal dialog with:
   1) a button "Send"
   2) a button "Cancel"
   3) a static text "An error occurred in GNUmed. You can send
       a bug report from this window."
   4) a field for the sender e-mail
   5) a field for the target address
   6) a text field where the user can type a comment

This would be invoked if the user specifies --talkback on the
command line.

That would be really helpful and maybe a more rewarding
learning experience ?

Regards,