Re: [Gnumed-devel] Just joining

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Just joining
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:49:32 +1000

Alan O'Keefe wrote:
Hi all

I am an experienced Programmer/Systems-integrator, mainly
working in the pathology area, (don't know much python yet,
but hey, what's another language).  I have just "discovered"
the GnuMed project and would be interested in getting involved
from the point of integrating external data from sources
such as pathology and radiology, (I have quite a bit of experience
with HL7).
I am currently working with a couple of major Australian pathology
groups in various projects and with the Triple G, vendor of the
ULTRA pathology LIS.

Please let me know how I can help.

Welcome!

It would be wonderful if you could start on a pathology import interface, using both HL7 and PIT If you are comfortable learning Python that's fine - if not, you can also write it in C or C++ and I'll just write a Python wrapper for it.

Once you decide that you are serious about contributing, just register a user name at http://savannah.gnu.org so thatI can grant you write access to the source tree.

Cheers,
Horst