[Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs changes

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs changes
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:13:15 +1100

I would like to propose some small changes to gmdrugs:

- link_drug_indication links to drug_dosage. This is so different indications
can be ascribed to different dosages and
 routes of a drug. I do not agree that other attributes (side-effects,
interactions, etc.) should be dose-route
 specific.

- A new table (disease_code) to hold the ICD-10 and other coding systems.
link_disease_interaction and
 link_dosage_indication have reference clauses to the code field on this table.

- a new formulation type: "kit" for heterogenous kits like Losec HP7 and
Trifeme. This seems the best solution without complicating the structure for
just a handful of products. The constituents are specified as a compound (even
though
 they are physically separate tablets). The packing unit is 'days' of the
course, so 7 for Losec HP7, 28 for the Pill, etc.

- package_size is normalised out.

Ian

------
Public key E750652E wwwkeys.pgp.net
Fingerprint 9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE OC42 C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E

------