[Gnumed-devel] Re: GnuMed Knoppix ISO image

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GnuMed Knoppix ISO image
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:06:48 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Andrew Ho wrote:

> Naming remains the biggest issue - since copying/re-distribution issues
> are solved. My opinion is that the people who did the work should get to
> name it.  If they like to consult Klaus Knopper for advice, they can
> (maybe they should, since they included Knoppix in the name).
>
> Looks like for now, it is called "GnuMed Knoppix" :-). What is your view
> about continuing to use this name? I agree that it is less cute - but
> it is quite descriptive.
The problem is that this name is not descriptive:  I plan to build a
CD with

     Knoppix + Debian-Med (not only GnuMed) - <some-big_unused_packages_
               of_original_knoppix_which_has_to_be_removed>

If the name would be to "Knoppix"ish (what I would like to honor the work
of Klaus Knopper) people might wonder why all this cute Knoppix game stuff
vanished ...

Kind regards

       Andreas.