[Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Main Window Icon / Question about Fonts

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Main Window Icon / Question about Fonts
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 02:47:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi Everyone:

The default 'X' on the main GnuMed windows is a little itch
I want to scratch.

I made a little png of the different icons I tried.  It is
attached.

I am a bit doubtful that the GnuMed logo is going
to look good as a window icon... too much detail (as mentioned
earlier).  Any case, I've learned that the images can't
just be scaled down... the results are a fuzzy look (compare
the python (a true icon) and the Gnu (a scaled image)).  I have the
impression that if the GnuMed logo if used for the window icon...
a GnuMed logo has to be made specifically for that purpose.

Before giving that a try (or leaving it to someone that is
dying to do it) I wanted to hear from others...

Credits/Sources/Description of PNG

- The Python (top): web brower icon -- http://www.python.org/download/
- The Gnu (below python): http://www.gnu.org/graphics/reiss-gnuhead.html
(w/ lots of contrast enhancement)
- GnuMed Logo (below Gnu): gnumedlogo.png (http://www.gnumed.net/) (w/
lots of contrast enhancement)
- The "X" (bottom - default for my set-up)

Michael

I'm interested in sorting out the SetFont Problem...

General Question -- Re: SetFont Problem:
Would it make sense to establish a limited number of
standard font settings?