[Gnumed-devel] Images / Patient View

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Images / Patient View
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:50:03 -0500 (EST)

I removed the background of the images in 'images_gnuMedGP_TabbedLists.py'
They now blend cleanly with tabs in the Tabbed List in the Patient 'View'.

I also re-introduced the 'Script' image on to the first
tab -- it was previous just dead code (--small change in
'gmGP_TabbedLists.py').

I have a question related to this...
Has much thought be given to the lay-out of the Tabbed List?
I think it might make sense to order the tabs to match the
order of the Toolbar buttons.
Also, it might be better to use 'Prescription writer' button image
("Rx") instead of the 'script' image.

More generally... it might be nice if one could re-size the divisions
of the Patient view (e.g. temporarily make the 'Tabbed List' larger and
the 'editing area' (to its left) smaller).  IMHO the scroll bar for the
Tabbed List is less than ideal (it would be nice to see all the drug
info at once).

Are the button images available somewhere?  If someone can make them
available to me I'd fix the background of the other images.

Alternatively, if someone else wants to do it the procedure for
a given image is:
---
1. Opening the image file (in GIMP)
2. Open the Layers Dialog (File -> Dialogs -> Layers, Channels & Paths)
3. Add Alpha Channel (right click on 'Background' in Layers Dialog
                        - 'Add Alpha Channel')
4. In the picture window select the background
        (use 'select contiguous regions' tool -- select background)
5. Ctrl-X  (to cut away background)
        background should now be dark grey & light grey squares
6. Save :)
---

Michael