Re: [Gnumed-devel] edifact import

From: engelbert . gruber
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] edifact import
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:39:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> >> Hm. Do you have any more specific info on this ? Specs ?
> >> URLs ? Use Cases ?
> > does this mean there is nothing yet ?
> That's right :-)
>
> > details:
> > * www.medicalnet.at replaces faxes and paper, here.
> downloading now
> Nice brochure but where's the meat ? Nothing to be gained from
> there as far as I can see although "directory based, POP,
> SMTP, ..." all sounds encouraging.

i read this too, BUT there has to be some encoding. the medicalnet thing
offers SMIME (there is at least one other provider in austria, but
messages can be sent accross the nets).

> > * it folows the magdalena specification (eu or something).
> never heard of magdalena (the specs, that is)

it is Magda-Lena (seams to be austria specifc).
but then there should be similar products/protocolls in germany

> > * the files are simple text edifact, could be read with
> >   python directly or maybe medici, ...
> Python should do.
guess so. sample file::

UNB+IBMA:1+ME960884+ME926047+960822+1348+1'UNH+001+MEDRPT:1:901:UN'BGM+010+++19960822++354006041962+19620406'FTX+BFD++Abdomen
  leer im Stehen ?:
  'FTX+BFD++
  'FTX+BFD++Keine Spiegelbildungen, keine freie intraperitoneale Luft.
  'FTX+BFD++Konkrementverd„chtige Verschattungen sind in Projektion auf die
  Nieren:
  'FTX+BFD++und die ableitenden Harnwege nicht nachweisbar.
  'FTX+BFD++
  'FTX+ERG++Anmerkung?: In der erg„nzend durchgefhrten Sonographie der
  Bauchdecke:
  'FTX+ERG++           im li Unterbauch stellt sich dieselbe regul„r dar,
  auffallen:d
  'FTX+ERG++           ist eine im li Unterbauch nachweisbare verdickte Darm-
  'FTX+ERG++           schlinge, entzndlich, Invagination, Meckel??
  'FTX+ERG++
  'FTX+ERG++
  'FTX+ERG++                                Mit bestem Dank fr die Zuweisung
  und
  'FTX+ERG++                                         kollegialen Gráen
  'FTX+ERG++
  'NAD+PAT++Test:Gerhard: :Strasse  10/1/C+++Ortschaft ++'UNT+19+001'UNZ+1+1'

> > use case:
> > * the client runs on a windows pc.
> > * polls a directory for messages to deliver.
> > * puts newly received messages into another directory.
> Does it display received messages in some way ?

yes but i donot want to look at it, mails should be spooled automatic.

> Without further investigation I can imagine the following
> functionality: GnuMed running next to the "normal" practice
> management app, upon changing the patient in GnuMed (initiated
> by the other app or directly in GnuMed) the AT-Edifact plugin
> searches for newly arrived messages pertaining to this patient
> and when selected displays them in some way and offers
> importing into the db linked to the patient. It would also
> offer the data already in the database which could be another
> plugin. A second (third) plugin could list _all_ new messages
> and offer import by patient.

i want to make it a daemon, that looks for new messages
and puts the data into the db without user intervention.
the patient should be itendifiable by the insurancenumber.

as a fallback and testing aid a small gui would be ok.

> > i will start soon, as i think that it should be possible to keep
> > this out of our closed source i would try to do it in python
> > and maybe it could be used from someone else. germany is not too far from
> > here.
>
> This perfectly sounds like one of those companian applications
> that can bring GnuMed into the medical office "through the backdoor".
>
> I'd love to see this happen somehow.

should happen on my side, in austria they are pointing at you and make jokes
about you if you donot support this. it is used for laboratory and
interphysician communication (maybe HL7 like).

in my /not gnumed) application this means roughly

  store_external_report(patient_id,from,received,text)

  external_report = externer befund

although for laboratory data this should file it somewhere else, so i might need
a map sender->db_entry.

images are not yet there (i hope so).

--
 BINGO: next-generation Outsourcing