Re: [Gnumed-devel] edifact import

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] edifact import
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:24:30 +0100

> i read this too, BUT there has to be some encoding. the medicalnet thing
> offers SMIME (there is at least one other provider in austria, but
> messages can be sent accross the nets).
Details on the encoding can be found at
www.wienkom.at/Befundkommunikation/MagdaLena/

> it is Magda-Lena (seams to be austria specifc).
> but then there should be similar products/protocolls in germany
Yes, it is called xDT.

> yes but i donot want to look at it, mails should be spooled automatic.
Sure, you can do that.

> i want to make it a daemon, that looks for new messages
> and puts the data into the db without user intervention.
> the patient should be itendifiable by the insurancenumber.
That is certainly doable. However, as there may be data that
we don't have tables for yet I would use the GUI as a fallback
for non-importable data.

> should happen on my side, in austria they are pointing at you and make jokes
> about you if you donot support this. it is used for laboratory and
> interphysician communication (maybe HL7 like).
No need to worry about others pointing at me snickering. They
do that anyways :-)

Here in Germany LDT is very big for transferring lab data from
labs to doctors. This sounds rather similar to what you describe.

> in my /not gnumed) application this means roughly
>
>   store_external_report(patient_id,from,received,text)
For "unstructured" (read "untargeted") data the generic
document archive can be used.

> although for laboratory data this should file it somewhere else, so i might
> need
> a map sender->db_entry.
Certainly, and this is one of the areas we will go into here
in Germany as well. We have rather good tables for this
already, take a look at gmMeasurements.sql.