[Gnumed-devel] Re: I've sort of got a debian install going

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: I've sort of got a debian install going
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:59:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, richard terry wrote:

> A quick question. If I want to update to kde3.1 using apt-get, is that
> possible. I'd like to go to bed (its after MNight!) and run it overnight.

~> apt-cache policy kde
kde:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 4:2.2.25
  Version Table:
     4:2.2.25 0
        500 http://wr-linux01.rki.ivbb.bund.de testing/main Packages
        500 http://debian.tu-bs.de testing/main Packages
         50 http://debian.tu-bs.de unstable/main Packages

--> No, KDE is not yet in unstable because of glibc and g++ transition
    problems (not for i386, but Debian is more than i386).

Other method to find such things out is to go to

    http://packages.debian.org/<packagename>

But I'm sure there are *inofficial* KDE 3.1 packages anywhere on the
web.  Please ask Google or anybody who uses KDE.

Good luck (and by the way it is *not* MNight here ;-) )

       Andreas.