[Gnumed-devel] Re: darn ! sensitive vs. insensitive searching

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: darn ! sensitive vs. insensitive searching
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:43:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> How can we work around this ? Is it reasonable to assume that
> the user always types in the *beginning* of the name parts ?
I'm far from beeing a GnuMed user but I could really imagine cases
where I do not know the exact spelling of a patient because the
first letters might sound similiar like others.  I was sometimes
searching for letters in the middle of the name when I was seeking
some information about people.

Just an idea

        Andreas.

--
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy