Re: [Gnumed-devel] Proposal on Clients

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Proposal on Clients
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:34:41 +1000

I can imagine the hail of flak if we tried to do that!!!

Personally, I don't mind the wxPython stuff now and hate microsoft with a
passion. I just keep win4lin going to use Pracsoft and nothing much else.

I think though the gui stuff lacks the  finesse of vb, the advantages of the
wxPython/python/linux environement probably outweigh the disadvantages.

Rather the team should lean on the wxWindows people to implement a borderless
control - this feature and this alone is at the bottom of most of the
'crudeness' of the gui interfaces in linux/wxPython.

Note that QT does have a borderless control and if anything, if you wanted to
go proprietry, I'd go QT and not vb.

Holy *&%!

Never thought I'd hear that coming from me.

Regards

Richard