Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress on gmBMICalc

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Progress on gmBMICalc
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:23:22 +0200

Michael,

I have cleaned up the code somewhat, removed some excessive
sizers, localized variables, defined "better" resizing
behaviour, etc.

> - Switching between the fields with the keyboard works
> (both 'Tab' & 'Enter' will do the trick).
Setting wxTAB_TRAVERSAL on the panel works, too. No need for
explicit EvtChar_* with manually setting the focus target.
However, ENTER won't work as TAB then (CTRL-ENTER and TAB do
though). If that's really needed we'd have to put that back
in. One thing: Can someone please make the ellipse graphic
non-focussable ? There's a window style for that somewhere but
I was unable to find it.

> - Both the BMI-slider and 'Adjusted Values' boxes ('Goal mass'
> & 'kg to loose') can be used to enter data and will initiate
> a calculation. -- NOTE: neither have an effect if current mass
> AND height is NOT entered.
Works for me.

> TODO -
> 2. Display of upper & lower normal masses (for the given height
>       --the code already calculates these masses).

> 3. Time-BMI graph and/or Time-Mass graph has to be created & tied
>       into the back-end.
Certainly Christof of U of Leipzig needs to be contacted again
for that in order to talk about how to best integrate with
different BMI reference data. Elizabeth pointed out the need for
that, too, many moons ago.

Also see 6.

> 4. Centre BMI Frame on GnuMed Window.

> 5. Option for Imperial Crap (Units) has to be implemented (i18n).
Maybe this isn't i18n but rather via some radio button ?

6. Integrate with the gmTmpPatient.gmCurrentPatient() borg such
that to be aware of the currently active patient.