Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 09:44:28 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
What makes you think the XML-RPC "service" would be read-only?

Imprecise wording on my part. Attempt at an improved version
to transport my intent:

 The "drug information reference service" is one of the services
 that lend themselves well to a read-only black-box data store.

I'd assume Dan Johnson and Adrian Midgley would back up that
one.

You still need a way of updating the drug database regularly, and some doctors (like me) want to enhance existing reference data by own annotations. Hene, write access must be possible - and I do believe that write access should happen through the same API, same service.

Horst