Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 09:42:25 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Give me a document on how to setup the drugref based database
as a read-only drug info reference service and code to use it
as such (not just a proof-of-concept, I know the concept
works, it needn't be proven to me) and I will start using that
any day. Or, provide a remotely accessible database on
drugref.org (==gnumed.net) and some code to access it as a
service. I shall immediately refrain from thinking about
a MIMS specific backend to the general drug info reference
API.

The drugref.org database is running on Postgres, Ian has closely modelled it to the pre-existing gnumed drug database. You can apporach him for user name and password and you can use it right away.

The information it contains so far is similar to the NDA data - so far some 5000 entries, mostly drug names and their ATC codes. We can import (if Ian hasn't done it yet already) related dosage, formulation and brand name information from publicly available data (NPS, HIC) any time; this would allow us to use all publicly subsidized medication in Australia right away (which covers some 99.9% of medication I prescribe)

Horst