Re: [Gnumed-devel] need SQL help

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] need SQL help
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 08:56:31 +1000

This is easily solvable if you can use joins, which when used appropriately
don't care if there is null data in a particular field.

 I've never mucked around with postgres but I enclose an sql from my contacts
database as an example.

Using a database with a visual data designer with the ability to execute and
test the joins is great - I guess that's why simpletons like me use msAccess!

The query enclosed executes in a millisecond across scads of tables across the
network on the server

Not sure how postgres handles this, you need a postgres expert.

Regards

BTW what is the hypo stuff doing in the allergy table, what relevance is it as
it is not allergy specific. Only allergy specific information should be in
there.

I'm off to Tocal - an agricultural field day up the Hunter Valley, will catch
up on mail tonight

Richard