Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 6, Issue 37

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 6, Issue 37
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:46:58 +0200

Can you stop re-posting entire digests ? We all know what
we read before. There should be a delete key on your keyboard
somewhere. Thanks.

Can you also please change the subject line to something
meaningful when replying to digests ?

Looking at what's implemented in PropertySupport.py I wonder
what the functional difference to gmDispatcher.py is.

> It makes an object "push" state changes. when an attribute changes, e.g.
> o.x = 1,  then an event with name "x" , oldValue = None, newValue = 1 is
> pushed onto any listeners (via their propertyChange(event) method)
> registered with the object.
It seems the PropertySomething* is one possible implementation
of how to make widgets transfer their content to "business
objects" ? What is the advantage over doing that in a
wxValidator if one is after field-level transfer or in a
LooseFocus event if one is after visual-widget level transfer
or when the user somehow (say, by pushing the button "save
allergy now") tells the system "I am done with this, deal with
it" if one wants business-transaction level transfer ?

> Look I've got another idea I'm trying out ;
>
> I was playing with the java ant build system, reading about
> Hibernate and Xdoclet, and was thinking why don't we
> try this attribute programming thing,
client/wxpython/ isn't the place to try out fancy new ideas on
a whim but for incorporating code that has been tested for a
while, been offered for discussion on the list (it's not your
fault if it's not discussed) and agreed to or at least not
objected to. Look, some of us are into this because we are
doctors and want a piece of functional software.