[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed architecture

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed architecture
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:31:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Horst Herb wrote:

> I don't know of any comparable projects. I would be grateful for any hints,
> but it looks as if we might be doing a bit of pioneer work in that regard.
> I'd prefer to copy/reuse something that works too.
If you just did a Google-Search "comparison corba xmlrpc" just forget these
links ...

   http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-pyth9/
      seems to be a solid comparison of SOAP, CORBA, XML-RPC, and good,
      old-fashioned low-level sockets

   http://cbbrowne.com/info/corbaalternatives.html
      More or less an overview about all possible stuff which is available
      but leads probably into a djungle

   http://www.grisby.org/presentations/py10talk.pdf
      [pro] Corba with Python

   http://parlevink.cs.utwente.nl/ecom/02/proceedings/ecom02_07.pdf
      Comparison of Distributed System Technologies for E-Business
       - Java centric but might be not bad
       - Protokolls: RMI, CORBA, XMP-RPC, URL - Method-Mapping, SOAP

Hope this helps

        Andreas.