Re: [Gnumed-devel] business

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] business
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 00:55:50 +1000

On Sat, 31 May 2003 00:22, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > I actually had persistent connections in mind, which would imply
> > statefulness
>
> This is not what I mean. I am referring to whether a (possibly remote)
> business object is expected to associate a particular client
> with a particular data state. Example:

The database connection is transactional. When a connection is persistent, you
can add data at your leisure until you commit a transaction. The
particularity of the client is already ensured by the connection itself. Only
if the connection is transient (like classic HTTP) you need to remember state
per se and per client.

Horst