Re: [Gnumed-devel] self.locked in gmTmpPatient

From: Karsten . Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] self.locked in gmTmpPatient
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 02:14:34 +0200 (MEST)

Horst,

> Why should these applications interact at all with gnumed
                                                           ^^^^
You got to be kidding me ?

> at this stage?
Well, because we *use* GnuMed as a document archive perhaps ? And because we
use GnuMed to store incoming lab data ? Or because we plan on using it to
store spirometry results read from a MicroMedical device ? Or because we read
urinalysis data from a CliniTek 50 ?

> What has this to do with our thread?
Well, I introduced that .locked flag into the patient object. It was
intended for locking by third-party apps. Syan changed its meaning to
intra-GnuMed
inter-thread locking which was due to my not documenting the code properly. I
changed it back acknowledging the eventual need for Syan's idea and gave
proper explanation for why I did what I did.