Re: [Gnumed-devel] OSCAR McMaster Workshop

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] OSCAR McMaster Workshop
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:20:20 +1000

>       ASIDE - complexity is one concern I have about GnuMed.  It is my
> impression that the people here have such a great deal of technical skill
> relative to the average physician... that the software we will produce
> will be such a leap forward that the learning curve will be too steep.

One would hope not. In fact complexity should be hidden from the user. One
advantage of the editing area concept is that it removes much of the
complexity by automatising (if there is such a word) much of the effort it
takes to enter data. I still think the web paradigms are of little practical
use in a GPs office!