Re: [Gnumed-devel] single box SOAP

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] single box SOAP
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:29:39 +1000

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:27:15 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Checked in tables for tracking ongoing encounters across
> clients which eventually became necessary for connecting the
> single box SOAP (any widget, really) to the backend. Started
> work on that - unfinished but see the code for where I am
> going. Also added code to gmClinicalRecord to deal better with
> encounters - unfinished, too, but close enough for check in.

Excellent.

Let me have another stab at explaining myself:
The design under the Patient tab has a textbox
on the left hand-side called the "scratch pad", it
is designed for writing quick notes about a patient
while working on something else. The idea was that
it would never leave the screen

[Aside: its functionality is somewhat
diminished by the fact that it *can* be hidden by moving to another
bottom-row tab, this goes back to the ad hoc nature
of the current GUI design]

IMHO, its role competes with the new SOAP widget (by the way, what does SOAP
stand for here?) as the primary place for the freeform clinical narrative.
I simply propose that it *be* the SOAP widget.
(currently it is not connected and has no functionality)

On another point, GNUMed still has two ways for searching for a patient:

1/ the Demographics widget
2/ the old way: entering a name in the top name text field and pressing the
search icon (the little
binoculars on the top row, far left side) This currently has been de-activated,
but the code is
still there.

Of course I am partial to 2/ (I wrote it ;-), but I am happy with 1/, in which
case the icon (and its handler code)
should go, and the name text field at the top should be read-only.

Ian