Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap

From: ju0815nk
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] roadmap
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:09:21 +0200 (MEST)

> ------------------------
> drug information browser
> ------------------------
> maintainer: RMIT
> hackers:
>  - if data is available locally
>  - PBS via drugref.org via XML-RPC, initially
>  - AMIS (German) to follow
What will be RMIT´s commitment ? Will they work mainly on the backend /
drugref.org side or will we get a new drug browser GUI ? I planned to improve
the
GUI of the existent drug browser somewhat and add XML-capability to the
lower level backend API in the future - just want to know if this still makes
sense or if we will write a new one from scratch (which IMHO is not necessary).

Whatever the decision might be I will try to participate in this task.

I thought in coding some rather low level stuff, too (tab traversal order
widget for the GUI - this is IMHO absolutely needed; some module to check
SQL-versions needed by a particular module). Don´t know if this should go into
release 1.0 but we will need these things eventually as they add a lot of
stability and usability.

Hilmar