[Gnumed-devel] Re: Visual eg of why wxPython gui a problem

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Visual eg of why wxPython gui a problem
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:11:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, richard terry wrote:

> This is a simple example of why QT is much better to work in, and will
> ultimately give a much better result.
I see your point but perhaps it is me that I continuosely believe that we can
make the world a better place but my way of dealing would be bothering the
developers with bug reports.  It was to often that I realized that developers
fixed some bugs if the reporter did some reasonable arguing.  What you explained
is a bug obviousely and I can not imagine that GTK+ developers would not care
about it (I was reading GTK+ list for a long time in the past) soner or later.
Looking at the development speed of GnuMed I think we are on a save side even in
the case of 'later'.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

PS: Again this is no pro/con wxPython/Qt - I just do not believe that
    replacement or adding of GUI tools does any good to development speed.