Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installing and using gnumed
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:44:38 +0100

> I get an error like "Cannot boostrap services". That is not helpful at all.
It tells you that there was some error.

> There's not even a shred of indication of what went wrong. There's no
There's about a million lines flying by. The last couple ones
tell you the error in question (if it's an SQL script error).
If you can come up with a way of driving psql through a pipe I
will be happy to incorporate finer grained logging. If you
want to catch your console output use the script command.

> README or INSTALL that I can read to look for the bootstrap process or
> telling me how should the pg_hba.conf setup (how is it anyways, mine has
This is in the docs. You can set it up any way you like
(except for SSL, methinks).

> Oh and it tells me "Look at the log file" but WHERE is the log file?
Upon startup bootstrap tells you where the log file is.

> I can't seem to find it. I even went through the code for gmLog and passed
> a --log-file on the command line, to no avail.
Works for me right now.

> With the bootstrap-public_db.conf I get the error after the password.
What does it say.