Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:15:50 +0100

> Thanks for all the suggestions for gnumed.org.
You are welcome. It will hopefully benefit GNUmed.

> I will implement the proposed changes over the next week or
> so,(including the colour scheme, structure and sections for developers
> and users) and add phpBB as a forum section.
great

> It is also possible to add news articles by email, if anyone would like
> that access.
I'd like that. I know it is easy to edit the pages. Maybe e-mailing is even
easier or more convenient.

>I would like to have a section of more general open source
> news, so if anyone would like to cut, paste and email snippets of
> interest they come across that would be great.
We discussed this at gnumed.conf.de. It distracts users. I recommend we do not
add general news to openmed.org

> There is also the capability to automatically generate and send a
> newsletter to subscribers, notifying them of  additions to the site. If
> we get frequent updates I will add that.
This probably is a nice idea. Time will tell

I will shut down gnumed.de sooner or later. We (I) should definetely move
all content to one site. I need to think about this German section a bit more.
I will keep you posted.

Thanks you for putting up with us.

Sebastian