Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccination edit are is really odd

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] vaccination edit are is really odd
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:40:58 +0100

> Lines are missing - target disease etc.
What do you need that for ?

> I really would try and keep the gui consistent. the button in the edit area
> was labelled ok, because one accepts the data into the interim medical record
> (ie on the list). It should not be saved back to the database until the user
> actually elects to do this via either the save icon on the top menu bar or a
> function key (I use F12).
Aha ! I don't recall that being mentioned before. And it does
strike me as really odd. How do I know that I need to press
the save icon ?

> The reason for this is we often make mistakes/
> change our mind and need to be able to re-click on the line in the list
> underneath to re-load it into the editing area to change it.
You sure can. That doesn't have to do with whether it's saved
into the database or not.

> If you refer to my documentation which is full of gui-pictures I really would
> follow it.
Well, apparently I missed the part about the save icon.

> I'd also remove the 'handout' button because putting it there serves no
> useful
> function and upsets consistency across editing areas.
Of course it does. It prints out a handout relating to
vaccinations.

> ie stick to the ok, clear buttons as designed.
OK, relabelled.

> Also the  information does not drop down into the list.
It sure does.