Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OS 10.3 Panther

From: Tony Lembke
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OS 10.3 Panther
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:17:24 +1100

On 02/02/2004, at 5:28 PM, Jim (or Joanne) Busser wrote:

Does anyone know whether the Installation instructions for Mac OS 10.2 ("Jaguar") posted at:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/ gnumed/client/doc/user-manual/installation.html

remain valid for Mac OS 10.3 'Panther"?

Jim,
I wrote the Jaguar instructions and have not yet installed it on Panther myself. There are a few changes - MacOSX 10.3 (Panther) now includes the MacPython 'build' of python, so there is no longer a need to install a different python build.
The home page for MacPython is
 http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/macpython-osx.html
and you can download an IDE and Package Manager from there.

You can download the wxPython binary for MacOSX from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPythonOSX-2.4.2.4-Py2.3- panther.dmg

I think that there will be a few other minor changes required - I did install Gnumed on Mac again last year and it was a bit easier than listed and was less buggy than it had been. I think some of the issues with pypgsql had been resolved. There were still some gui issues.

It would be good if you kept a record as you go so we can update the instructions.

HTH,

Regards,

Tony Lembke