[Gnumed-devel] check_prerequisites.py

From: David Grant
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] check_prerequisites.py
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:57:56 -0500

About the check_prerequisites.py/sh files. It is a neat little program, probably most useful for Windows installations I guess. But still you have worry about which versions are installed.

However, in Linux the precise dependancies including versions should be handled by the packaging system.

This brings up another point, the documentation needs to be updated to more accurately show which versions are needed using >=, =, <=, etc... The current doc says python-2.2, although I'm sure python-2.3 would work, at least the main gui login pops up for me, but I haven't gone further for lack of a database to connect to. And every other python app I have worked fine when I upgraded to python-2.3 a few weeks ago. So really the dependancy should say something like >=python-2.1 I'll look into all those dependancies when I get a chance. I'm having trouble compiling user-manual.sgml to HTML, due to some problem with my docbook-sgml installation...
David

--
David J. Grant
M.A.Sc. Candidate in Electrical Engineering