Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed on Mac Panther

From: Tony Lembke
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed on Mac Panther
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:33:56 +1100

On 21/02/2004, at 3:22 PM, John DeSoi wrote:
Is the installation for the client always going to be something like this or will it eventually be possible to have a drag and drop application package that is simple to install? Just curious -- I'm not familiar with the capabilities of Python for building stand-alone applications.

It will be possible to have the client installable as a MacOSX package.

What in Developer Tools is needed for installation? I thought Python is in Panther without XTools. I just got a new machine a month or two ago and there was no XTools CD. The full download for this is over 580 MB.

Actually, its called XCode Tools CD, and it came with my computer. Panther has three black install disks and the XCode Tools CD, which includes the BSD subsystem and other good stuff. You need it for development purposes and I'm pretty sure you'll need it to install all the prerequisite packages - but you could certainly try without and see how it goes.

Regards,

Tony Lembke