Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics.sql

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics.sql
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:14:29 +1100

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:23:44 +0100
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ian, does your demographics editor allow for input of the PUPIC ?

No, as in reality we have no source of sensible values here in Oz. Do you in
Germany?

In answer to Jim's question, PUPIC is
personal Universal Public Identification Code, an ID number which has the
following properties:
- every indivudual encountered by the practice has one
- it is unique
- constant for the life of that individual.

Some countries (Norway I believe) issue such numbers. Australia does not as
matter of
deliberate policy, which means to identify patients across institutional
boundaries we
use the name-surname-DOB triple, which has a number of problems.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E