[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:23:49 -0700

For local Vancouver BC lab data and HL7, I am advised

The local HL7 data is actually acquired via a "Web Service", and is downloaded directly into the database. There aren't really any "files" involved, just database tables (7, to be exact). One way to maintain compatibility between
the OSCAR lab module and any such future module for GnuMED would be to
use the same database structure for the GnuMED lab system, were one to be
developed.

Well, I rather doubt we are looking at mirrored table structures but certainly if numed''s tables are generalized they should be able to accomodate the content? Shall I ask to be sent a copy of the OSCAR (MySQL) tables or their table structures, and should I ask for a copy of the source code and comments to their HL7 module (I think it might be in Java)?

I have not yet tried to use PostgreSQL Autodoc (in fact I did not yet fully get GnuMed running yet) but will as soon as I get a chance see if I can get a handle on some of the PG table structures. That is besides working gradually on reworking gnumed.org which has already begun.