Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:13:53 +0200

> OK, here's what I plan to do:
>       - the referrals writer will allow the creation of new persons/addresses
> by editing the values
> in the editareas, the values stored in SQL
Sounds perfectly OK to me.

>       - [post 1.0]: LDAP can be used as well as SQL as demographics data
> source for patients, contacts or both. [Whether this
> is local, remote, cached, centralised or whatever is none of the client's
> business]
full ACK there

post 1.0 we should move over to actually supporting the
service concept fully, but I think it is possible to start
one-by-one, eg. move plain demographic data into a black box
service, the sort of data store a service deals with is then,
of course, completely arbitrary

>       - [post 1.0]: a standalone contacts manager based on Richard's design
> (the current gmContacts plugin)
Up to anyone's liking, I suppose.