Re: [Gnumed-devel] Translation, web needs, Mac OS (was: What's in a name

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Translation, web needs, Mac OS (was: What's in a name?)
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:16:02 +0200

On Monday 31 May 2004 19:26, Jim Busser wrote:

> There will also be the issue of web site and documentation. Sebastian
> has maintained gnumed.de but I think has slowed it down.
Absolutely , no time :-) I never intended to replicate all info anyway. Just
info specific to German medical system.

> > Wow ! How is medical practice in Germany ? Difficult ?
What do you mean by difficult ? We are definetly short of doctors and this
will get even more severe. Hospitals are desperate. As for actually
practicing *real* doctors can tell you more :-)

> Dunno - never worked there. (I am wondering - did you think I worked in
> Germany, and then left?). Karsten has been working a few years, his
> brother Sebastian is in his final year of medical school and some other
> gnumedders are also (still) working in Germany ;-)
>
> > Here in Switzerland it is becoming more and more difficult (too many
> > doctors they say...). Some people have even money problems with their
> > practice.
Just come to Germany. A friend of mine founded a company to refer foreign
doctors to German hospitals (he gets good money btw). Just surf to
www.mediclient.de

> > Did you manage to make Gnumed work on your Mac OS X ? I still cannot
> > display the frames… even if I select a patient
>
> No. I got stuck at about the same point you did. I asked for, and was
> given, help but was still stuck. I thought it better to wait for other
> Mac users who would better be able to understand / explain /
> communicate with help on the list. You have now gotten further.
If possible please try as much as you can and report to us early.
Send us the logs. We will give our best. I took a look at the Darwin site.
Judging by the info provided there it should be possible to run Darwin 7 on
x86. Maybe someone on this list wants to try it out since I don't have time
right now.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany