Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search in top panel

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search in top panel
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:01:08 +0200

> What about when logging in GnuMed returns the user by default to
> whichever patient the user (doctor) last activated? I can imagine
> logging out, planning to leave the office and then as I think more
> about the patient realize "darn - also I need to arrange / do something
> more" and have to log back in whether it is just to add one more thing
> to the scratch pad.
Nice idea. You'll have to log back in, though, however. But
GnuMed could take you to the most recent patient, yes.

> Likely people will see value to different methods of patient navigation:
> - by search box when the name is known
top panel

> - by recentness of being activated (like a browser's Back or History
> tabs / functions)
top panel cursor down (or up ? - can't remember)

no cross-session history, though, which can be added fairly
easily

> - by browsing upcoming appointments
sure

> - by other live filters e.g. pregnant patients who have not yet
> delivered or who recently delivered
sure

> - by patients residing in a particular nursing home etc
sure

all those are "activate that patient" from a rather free form
SQL query, very useful, shouldn't be hard

> Is this an idea worth adding under "future" to the roadmap?
yes