[Gnumed-devel] Re: install notes

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: install notes
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:17:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Jim Busser wrote:

> For example whether a client install, or a server install, each require
> - only one, or more than one, to be run (and which ones, and in which
> order)
> - certain one(s) to be run only for updates or in other special
> circumstances
>
> If this is already described in any detail in any of the files or
> documents listed, in which one(s) and how do I extract the content so I
> can examine it.
Well, it is not really documented but I tried to find it out.  The files
with the ending *.install in the directory

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/debian/

are giving a quite good overview which file should go into which package.
Please keep in mind
   a) It is not complete
   b) *.install files do not tell the whole story - you should examine
      the rules file for other files or just browse the resulting debs
      with any modern file manager
   c) Current CVS might probably have changed files

> Or is Debian required to do this extraction?
No.  But it is prefered over one single package.  How detailed this separation
is done depends from the package maintainer.  I'm not sure whether I'm overdoing
things - that's why I do not release the packages currently - I'm just not
happy but need some time.

Kind regards

            Andreas.