Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OS X easy install - feedback

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mac OS X easy install - feedback
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:09:10 -0700

On Jun 23, 2004, at 2:37 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
We need a Mac developer who can work out which way wxPython
wants its statements to appear in the code. This will likely
also improve things on other platforms.

Well...

I am up to Day 12 of a 21-day beginnner's online guide to SQL (begun a few weeks ago). At this rate, maybe it will be 2-3 years before I can start looking at / playing with some code :-(

My older son is 6 years old. If he has the aptitude (he loves the computer) how long before he can help? Another 8 or 10 years? I wonder if that was the original hope or strategy of the Hilbert parents ;-)

I am aware of hackers among some of the local medical students who cracked a bunch of PalmPilot learning resources to better share them among the class. I am wondering if within medical school classes we might find more people interested in contributing to GnuMed for the pleasure / challenge and/or because they may themselves like to use it.